Perfect Pesto Pasta Salad can cure a cold. It can also help when you’re feeling down. Well… it seems that way, anyway. Pasta is one of those guilty pleasures I love to go to when I just need to fill up on comfort foods. Whether it’s just cooked with some butter and chives, or made with a béchamel cheese sauce with chicken… I haven’t met many pasta dishes I don’t like.
Perfect Pesto Pasta Salad when the weather starts to get a little cooler
There’s a pasta salad I love at La Madeleine’s Country French Cafe. I always pick that with their tomato basil soup. More on that in another blog. My perfect pesto pasta salad recipe reminds me of theirs. I think it comes pretty darn close! I first started with another version from The Nurtured Nest. It was really close too, but I altered it just a bit to suit my taste. Play with the ingredients to suit your taste!
Perfect Pesto Pasta Salad
Takes 30 Mins
Serves 8-10 People
- 1 Box of Bowtie Pasta
- 6 Tbsp Pesto
- 3 Tbsp Caesar dressing (I love Newman’s Own)
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp chopped up roma tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup spinach (chopped up)
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped green onion
- 2 Tbsp red onion finely diced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper and 1/4 tsp garlic salt
Cook pasta according to directions or until al dente.
For the Dressing
- Place pesto, caesar dressing and milk in a bowl. Whisk until combined. Chop up tomatoes, green onions, spinach, sundried tomatoes and red onion.
- When pasta is done, take out, toss with olive oil and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Combine pasta with dressing and mix thoroughly.
- Add chopped ingredients, pepper and garlic salt. Taste. Add more seasoning if necessary.
Enjoy with a bowl of tomato basil soup!